Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oh my aching back...

This is how the evening began. So much hope and excitement. First time roller skating. How hard could it be?? Just slide your feet Peyton, like you're sliding on the kitchen floor in socks. Right... not so much. Trying to keep us both up without getting a concussion was a chore! The minute she got off the carpet, onto the rink, forget about it. It was like someone had sprayed Pam on her wheels. My back already hurts in places I didn't think I had muscles!
The church rented out the place for a couple of hours tonight. It was fantastic. At least the kids didn't have to learn with a million people there!Well, as you can see Josiah in the background, we had a little of this and...and a little of this!!!!! Ok, who am I kidding, alot of this!!! Look out Uncle Jeremy, Skate City here we come!!! These two were so worried about falling. J had decided he wanted to stay home, but the second the skates were on, he changed his mind! He took off like a speeding bullet!!! He let go of Lisa's hand and off he went! In the mean time, I'm trying to convince P that she can't do the chicken dance while wearing roller skates. Not yet at least. She could barely keep her balance. Must get that from her granny Renee!! Now as for this little thing, she's a natural. They didn't have her shoe size, but that didn't stop Rachel!! She's a pro!! Rock on Rachel!!












1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! May I add you to my blogroll?

    ReplyDelete